Most people have no idea of what is involved when selling a home. In order to obtain the highest amount of money with the least inconvenience in the shortest amount of time, you need someone who knows what they are doing and are willing to commit the time and resources to get things done properly.
Selling a home means appealing to the emotions of the buyer. In order to do this properly, an extensive list of preparations need to be done before exposing a property to the public. How many times have you seen a listing go to market with a big name Realtor and there are no photos? This is criminal and just one example of what should never happen.
A home, like anything else, gets the greatest amount of attention when it is new to the market. This means that the preparation, marketing and promotional materials should all be done prior to releasing the property to the public. Statistics show almost 90% of people begin their search on the internet. I have adapted in this ever changing environment, providing my clients with leading edge exposure in the area. I now offer live hosted video tours that provide considerably more information than any previous method of marketing, and show a property in the best possible way. This is only one example of what you should expect from a full service Realtor. A full marketing plan is something I discuss and modify for the needs of each and every seller.
A Quick Overview - Determining why you are moving and what the best action plan will be for you
The selling process involves:
1. Meeting someone with strong references that you feel you can connect with and TRUST.
2. Discussing the process from beginning to end and having all of the paperwork required explained in full.
3. Determining the fair market value of your home.
4. Preparing your home for sale; this may require trades people who can be referred by your Realtor.
5. A marketing plan that should be discussed and clearly laid out, with examples.
6: Going to market and being updated on activity and progress.
7. Negotiating on your behalf by being informed and up to date on competition and recent sales.
8. Following up after the sale to make sure everything goes smoothly.